10 movies every fashion girl should watch
Your personal stylist in Milan shows you the top 5 movies that every fashion lover should watch.
Here you find a list of the most iconic films about the fashion industry.
Documentary or films inspired by real life, take a look at the list below:
1. Coco Before Chanel - a french film that shows Coco Chanel’s life before the famous fashion house. She was truly a pioneer in the fashion industry and this movie is the perfect way to know her better.
2. The September issue - a focus on Anna Wintour, the editor in chief of American Vogue, The September Issue takes viewers behind the scenes of one of the most important issue of the magazine.
3. Diane Vreeland: The Eye has to travel - showcases the life of Diana Vreeland from her years at Harper’s Bazaar to reinvigorating the Metropolitan Museum’s Costume Institute. A real fashion icon.
4. Yves Saint Laurent -the story behind the life of the legendary designer Yves Saint Laurent rises to fame as the head designer at Christian Dior.
5. The Devil wears Prada - newly hired Andrea has the job “a million girls would kill for”, but we get to see that the job is not as perfect as everyone thinks it is.
6. Dior and I -made by the filmmaker Frédéric Tcheng, Dior and I is a fascinating look into Raf Simons’ first collection and the couture process.
7. Valentino: The Last Emperor - fabulous fashion documentary on the dynamic between Valentino Garavani and Giancarlo Giametti, his longtime partner in both love and business.
I adore all! Which one is your favorite?